Food Allergy Policy 2021–22
We ask that everyone help us to maintain a safe peanut, tree nut and sesame environment by not bringing or sending foods containing tree nuts, peanuts, sesame or their products and/or contaminants to school or food processed in a facility that contains peanuts, tree nuts, or sesame.
- Students in Preschool and Kindergarten (K) eat in their classrooms. Seating is designated by the teacher in the classroom as appropriate with regard to food allergies.
- No food containing peanuts, tree nuts or sesame may be prepared, served or eaten in the cafe. Students, faculty, and staff bringing lunch from home may not bring food containing peanuts, tree nuts or sesame or bring in food from a facility that uses peanuts, tree nuts, or sesame.
- Peanuts, tree nuts, sesame and/or foods containing them or their products may not be brought to school for any reason including Preschool and K lunches, before and after school activities, all (home and away) sporting events, snacks, and decorations.
- Students in Grades 1–4 with anaphylactic food allergies (requiring an EpiPen) for foods other than peanuts, tree nuts and sesame must eat food brought from home. They may not eat any food provided by BROCK or any outside source. Students with food allergies can eat with their fellow students at regular tables in the cafe and will use a disposable paper placemat to keep their space free of potential allergens.
- Students in Grades 5–8 are responsible for making appropriate food choices with regard to their allergies and may eat anywhere in the cafe.