Food Allergy Policy
Food Allergy Policy 2018–19
The Far Hills Food Allergy Policy is as follows: We ask that everyone help us to maintain a safe peanut, tree nut and sesame aware environment by not bringing or sending foods containing peanuts, tree nuts or sesame or their products and/or contaminants before, during and after school.
● Students in prekindergarten (PreK) and Kindergarten (K) eat in their classrooms. Seating is designed by the teacher in the classroom as appropriate with regard to food allergies.
● No food containing peanuts, tree nuts or sesame may be prepared, served or eaten in the Cafe. Students, faculty and staff bringing lunch from home may not bring food containing peanuts, tree nuts or sesame.
● Peanuts, tree nuts or sesame foods containing them or their products may not be brought to school for any reason including PreK and K lunches, games, snacks and decorations.
● Students in Grades 1–4 with anaphylactic food allergies (requiring and EpiPen) for foods other than peanuts, tree nuts or sesame must eat food brought in from home. Students with food allergies can eat with their fellow students at regular tables in the Cafe and will use a disposable paper placemat to keep their space free of potential allergens.
● Students in PreK–Grade 4 who have food allergies requiring an EpiPen for food allergies other than peanuts, tree nuts and sesame may not eat food from the Cafe or any outside vendor.
● Students in Grades 5–8 are responsible for making appropriate food choices with regard to their allergies and may eat anywhere in the Cafe. Food ingredients are posted daily outside the cafe.