What does a day look like in PreK at Far Hills? It's busy!
- Three- and four-year-olds in the PreK program have daily schedules that provide structure to their day. Designed to give them comfort by knowing what to expect and what's next, the schedules are also a tool to teach strategies to handle and become adept at transitions, an important skill they will need for future learning.
- They're taught by a team of full-time experts who facilitate and support student learning through stimulating environments
- Young students are guided by expert teachers in the classroom during Free Choice Exploration and in project-based Studio Time.
- The students receive direct instruction in reading, math, and science.
- Teaching specialists in reading, math, Chinese, music, library, physical education, and Spanish push into the classroom each week providing directed instruction.
- Outdoor play occurs multiple times throughout the day.