Careers at Far Hills
Join Our Team
Our faculty and staff are the heart and soul of our school. They come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, and their diverse interests and talents create a vibrant professional climate where their work is more than a mere job. All of our faculty and staff share a passion for helping children learn and grow. We seek employees who view learning as a life-long pursuit, embrace a child-centered approach to teaching, and who celebrate community.
All positions will remain open to application until filled.
Far Hills Country Day School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A Senior Database and Systems Manager maintains, oversees and develops the use of data systems and serves as the technical lead on the IT staff. The goal is to ensure that information, data and systems efficiently support the administrative, business and educational operations of the school. This is a key senior technology position—working closely with many constituents of the school. Creativity and leadership are desired along with technical acumen.
Database Systems Manager will:
- Manage data flow across all campus data systems
- Create, enforce and update databases, policies, procedures, standards
- Devise and implement efficient and secure data handling procedures
- Control and design data integrity and integration processes
- Support others in daily use of the systems, assist in training as needed
- Adhere to legal and school standards for data, especially security for student data
- Troubleshooting of data and systems issues with IT staff
- Assist with reports, data extraction, queries, analytics, integration, rollovers
- Participate in strategic decisions on SIS, LMS and CMS systems going forward
- Be a fully integrated member of the technology department—joining the systems administrator, Educational Technology Integrator and Director of Technology
- Support other school wide technology needs as they arise
- Proven experience as a data manager
- Familiarity with independent school data systems, including Blackbaud, Finalsite, and others
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions, backup, recovery, security, integration, rollover and integrity
- Analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in systems, networks, database and coding preferred, including SQL
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Desire for ongoing learning
- BS/BA in computer science or related field
We anticipate a July 1, 2018 start date.
A substitute teacher instructs students in the absence of their regularly appointed teachers. He/she typically follows the lesson plans of the teacher and maintains an excellent learning environment for the students, including normal classroom practices.
- Act as a replacement for absent teacher, instructing students and fulfilling teacher's duties that day
- Uphold the practices and procedures of the classroom and the school
- Act as a caring role model and informed teacher
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Enthusiasm for teaching children
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Knowledge of independent schools
- A Bachelor's Degree
- Some experience working with children
The Far Hills Conservatory, an after-school music studio at Far Hills Country Day School, is seeking a piano/vocal teacher for two days a week to cover for a teacher on maternity leave. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, teaching after-school private piano lessons, voice lessons, and preparing the students for a recital in the late spring. The position would begin mid-winter. Please submit a resume and contact information for two professional references to Amy M. Burns, Director of the Far Hills Conservatory, at firstname.lastname@example.org